The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Some recent events have included:
- webinar briefing on the Hydro-Quebec power system and its potential for U.S. exports by Sophie Brochu, CEO of H-Q, October 2020;
- webinar on New England export opportunities to Canada using online tools, July 2020;
- webinar briefing on state of Canadian and U.S. economies by Beata Caranci of TD Bank, June 2020;
- webinar on cross-border trade and business in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, April 2020;
- Forum on North American trade, Hanover, NH, Nov. 2019;
- remarks by Peter MacKay, partner at Baker McKenzie and former Federal Minister of Justice, Defense and Foreign Affairs, on the "Canadian/U.S. Relationship," March 2019;
- briefing on Quebec-New England economic trade, by Premier Francois Legault of Quebec, presented with New England Council;
- business panel discussions on "Renegotiating NAFTA", focusing on trade partnerships among MA, NH, Quebec and Canada, with events held in Boston, MA and Manchester, NH;
- discussion on Atlantic Canada trade with New England, with three Maritime Premiers and Canada's Minister of Agriculture;
- panel discussion on cyber-security featuring Juliette Kayyem of Harvard’s JFK School;
- forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports.
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
Federal Reserve’s “Beige Book” Notes Increased Economic Activity but Uncertainty is “the Watchword”
Published October 22nd, 2020
On October 21, the Federal Reserve Bank released its latest “Beige Book” on economic conditions in U.S. regions. In summary, the Fed found that “Economic ac…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.