The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Recent events have included:
- Forum on North American trade, Hanover, NH, Nov. 2019;
- remarks by Peter MacKay, partner at Baker McKenzie and former Federal Minister of Justice, Defense and Foreign Affairs, on the "Canadian/U.S. Relationship," March 2019;
- briefing on Quebec-New England economic trade, by Premier Francois Legault of Quebec, presented with New England Council, November 2018;
- Forum on "NAFTA and the New England Economy," presented in conjunction with the New England Council, Boston, MA;
- business panel discussions on "Renegotiating NAFTA", focusing on trade partnerships among MA, NH, Quebec and Canada, with events held in Boston, MA and Manchester, NH;
- discussion on Atlantic Canada trade with New England, with three Maritime Premiers and Canada's Minister of Agriculture;
- remarks by Scott Gilmore on Canada redefining itself vis-a-vis U.S. inter-relations;
- panel discussion on U.S.-Canada trade and its implications for the New England economy at "NECBC @35" event in Boston in October 2016;
- panel discussion on cyber-security featuring Juliette Kayyem of Harvard’s JFK School;
- forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports.
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
U.S.’s Leading Trading Partners in 2019 were Mexico, Canada and China
Published February 20th, 2020
The U.S. Census Bureau of the Department of Commerce recently released 2019 data on trade in goods between the United States and foreign countries.
Trade with Canada declined slig…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Calendar Of Events
NECBC in Partnership with the U.S. and Canada Branches of the International Fiscal Association - Reception
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 06:00p.m.-08:00p.m.
Please join us for a special reception at the Boston Public Library.Location: Gustavino Room,…
Red Sox Canadian Heritage Night
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Boston Red Sox take on the Toronto Blue Jays at Feway Park, Boston. Tickets purchased through this s…
U.S.-Canada Business, Economic and Trade Executive Forum
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 12:30p.m.-07:30p.m.
The University of Massachusetts Club, 1 Beacon Street, Boston, MA Keynote Speaker: Beata Caran…
28th Annual U.S./Canada Energy Conference
Thursday, November 12, 2020 - Friday, November 13, 2020
Seaport Hotel, Boston, MAClick here for sponsorship opportunities
(More information TBA)…
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.