The NECBC sponsors several events during the year to highlight business and trade opportunities between New England and Canada.
Some recent events have included:
- webinar on cross-border trade and business in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, April 2020;
- Forum on North American trade, Hanover, NH, Nov. 2019;
- remarks by Peter MacKay, partner at Baker McKenzie and former Federal Minister of Justice, Defense and Foreign Affairs, on the "Canadian/U.S. Relationship," March 2019;
- briefing on Quebec-New England economic trade, by Premier Francois Legault of Quebec, presented with New England Council;
- business panel discussions on "Renegotiating NAFTA", focusing on trade partnerships among MA, NH, Quebec and Canada, with events held in Boston, MA and Manchester, NH;
- discussion on Atlantic Canada trade with New England, with three Maritime Premiers and Canada's Minister of Agriculture;
- panel discussion on U.S.-Canada trade and its implications for the New England economy at "NECBC @35" event in Boston;
- panel discussion on cyber-security featuring Juliette Kayyem of Harvard’s JFK School;
- forum on Transportation, addressing rail, aviation and ports.
Look for further details here and on the "Speaker Programs" page regarding upcoming events.
Andrew Furey Elected Liberal Party Leader; is Premier-Designate of Newfoundland & Labrador
Published August 4th, 2020
On August 3, the Liberal Party of Newfoundland and Labradorelected Andrew Furey as its new leader. Mr. Furey thus becomes the next Premier of the province, succeeding Dwight Ball w…
Learn about the Value of New England’s Ties with Canada – Click on the Map for More Info
Join Us As A Member
The New England – Canada Business Council. Building cross-border business opportunities and networks in the Northeast US and Canada.
Get started today as a member.